Things to Do
Places to visit
- Wilsons Promontory National Park (5 mins drive from Limosa Rise to Park entrance)
- Beaches in Wilsons Prom, or at Corner Inlet, Shallow Inlet, Sandy Point, Waratah Bay
- A variety of locations offering easy, short walks and longer day walks.
- Agnes Falls
- Tarra Bulga National Park
- Cape Liptrap Lighthouse and Coastal Walk
- Waratah Hills Vineyard, 20 Cottmans Road Fish Creek – Currently Closed re-open date TBA
- Basia Mille, Taylor Court, Waratah North
- Lucinda Estate, Parr Street, Leongatha
- Lyre Bird Hill Winery, 370 Inverloch Road, Koonwarra
- Toms Cap Vinyard, Cnr Toms Cap & Lays Roads, Willung South.
- Gippsland Food Adventures, check the website for details, dates and special conditions
- Southern Trail Tours. Southern Trail Tours showcases the gems of South Gippsland with a range of day tours.
- Kraken Tours. Promcoast discovery tours – exciting boat rides along the coast of Wilson’s Promontory.
- Design your own tour using Southern Gippsland Food Map
- Prom Country Farmers’ Market, third Saturday every month, 8am to 12 noon in Foster
- Promontory Home Produce and Craft Market, held monthly November to March, Foster Showgrounds
- Gecko Studio Gallery, 15 Falls Road Fish Creek.
- Meeniyan Art Gallery, 84 Whitelaw Street Meeniyan.
- Stockyard Gallery, at the roundabout Foster.
- Celia Rosser Gallery, 1791 Meeniyan-Promontory Rd, Fish Creek.
- Ride the Wild Goat, 5 Falls Rd, Fish Creek.
- The Fish Creek Hotel ArtSpaces, 1 Old Waratah Rd, Fish Creek.
- Alison Lester Gallery, 1 Falls Rd, Fish Creek.
- Creative Gippsland has a list of other local artists and up coming exhibitions.
- beach fishing
- scenic flights with Prom Country Scenic Flights
- scenic helicopter flights with Promhelis
- walk or ride on the Great Southern Rail Trail
- join seasonal cruises of the Prom with Wildlife Coast Cruises
- hire kayaks and bikes, kayak tours and more. Foster Kayak & Outdoors. 50 Main Street Foster. 0475 473 211
- kiteboarding lessons. 3Inlets Windsports
- Refuge Cove Cruises – Departs daily from Port Welshpool – Starts 2 January 2018
- Foster & District Historical Museum
- Port Welshpool & District Maritime Museum
- Gippsland Regional Maritime Museum, Port Albert – have lunch at the Port Albert General Store, Victoria’s oldest continually trading general store
- Coal Creek Heritage Village, Korumburra [website]
South Gippsland Railway
- Based in Korumburra, the South Gippsland Railway runs every Sunday and Public Holiday
- Morningslight Day Organic Day Spa Koonwarra
- Essential Body Basics, 6 Bridge Street, Foster
- Jennifer Tuckett, remedial masseur. 0448233459