ROAD CLOSURES—GREAT VICTORIAN BIKE RIDE
- Meeniyan Promontory Rd (near Soldiers Rd) to Tidal River will be closed in both directions from 6.30am to 12.30pm on Sunday 26 November
- Entry into Wilsons Promontory National Park will open at 12.30pm on Sunday 26 November.
- A traffic marshall will be placed at the commencement of the road closure.
- Visual message boards will be placed at key locations prior to event and on the day of the event.
- Sunday 26 November there will be traffic disruptions and reduced speed along the Foster-Promontory Rd and Fish Creek—Foster Rd (from Fish Creek turn off to Foster). From approximately 9.00am to 2.00pm.
- Monday 27 November there will traffic disruptions and reduced speed from Foster to Yarram.
Includes the following roads from approx. 6.30am to 10.30am
- Station St
- Lower Franklin Rd
- Port Franklin Rd
- Lower Toora Rd
- Grip Street
- Victoria Street
- Stanley St
- Crossing the SG highway
Includes the following roads from approx.7am to 12.30pm
- Creamy Valley Rd
- Toora-Wonyip Rd
- Woorarra Rd
- SG Hwy from Welshpool to Yarram approx. 8am to 3pm.
For more information about the Great Victorian Bike Ride https://www.greatvic.com.au or phone Bicycle Network on (03) 8376 8888
The Great Victorian Bike Ride begins in Tidal River. Over 3000 riders will begin their ride on Sunday 26 November, travelling 6okm from Tidal River to Foster. Come and join in the celebrations at the Foster Street Party, there will be food stalls throughout the day and entertainment.
- There will be sections of the main street in Foster closed to traffic, however the rear car parks parallel to the main street will still be accessible.